WHAT WE DO.
CQ VAPOUR BLASTING QUEENSLAND - SURFACE FINISHING, WET BEAD BLASTING & RESTORATION SPECIALIST.
- CQ Vapour Blasting is Queenslands newest Vapour/Wet Blasting Business. Located in Gladstone Queensland 4680, servicing all areas of Australia.
- Specializing in Surface Finishing, Wet Shot Peening & Restoration of Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Magnesium, Copper, Brass, Bronze, Cast Iron & Titanium parts.
- Using a high quality Spherical Glass Bead, CQ Vapour Blasting Queensland can give you the surface finish you have been dreaming of.
- This process will not remove any parent metal and you will retain all critical measurements while achieving the desired surface finish and your parts will look better than new.
- Perfect for sensitive areas such as engine parts and machined mating surfaces.
- Internal cabinet dimensions are 1250 x 1080 x 950 (mm) so if it fits in i can restore it.
- Automotive Applications - Surface Finishing & Wet Shot Peening, Cylinder Heads, Blocks, Carburetors, Inlet Manifolds, Valves, Crankshafts, Con Rods, Camshafts, Gearboxes, Bell Housings, Superchargers, Turbochargers, Aluminium/Magnesium Wheels, Throttle Bodies, Brake Callipers, Suspension Parts. Exhaust Manifolds.
- Motorcycle Applications - Heads, Cylinders, Crank Cases, Carburetors, Complete Engines, Side Covers, Water Pumps, Gears, Triple Clamps, Swing-arms, Forks, Brake Callipers, Motorcycle Frames.
- Other Applications - Outboard Engines, Engine Building, Diesel Injector Pumps, Valves, Pump Impellers/Shafts, Aviation, Propellers & Engine Parts, Golf Club Heads, Antiques.
- What is Vapour Blasting - Vapour blasting, Hydro Blasting, Wet Blasting is similar to dry blasting with the use of an abrasive media and compressed air. However unlike the dry blast process, wet blasting uses a third element – water. By using a liquid it enhances the level of finish by cushioning the impact of the beads - this results in no dust production and a smoother, more consistent finish. By lubricating the abrasive particles in a stream of water there is a uniformed flow across the surface when wet blasting, this giving the advantage of no damage being caused to the work piece, and any abrasive action is consistent across the whole of the surface. In understanding this part there is a much greater level of control over the surface finish. The water and media mixture are stored within the cabinets sump, delivery to the blast nozzle is via a glandless polyurethane pump, which is submerged in the sump of the cabinet and externally driven by an electric motor. Compressed air is introduced to the media mix at the gun, this accelerates the mixture to provide an effective blast.
- What Finish Can I Expect - Sand Cast Aluminium parts come out amazing with a beautiful satin luster. Die Cast Aluminium parts will have a nice matt satin finish depending on the quality of the casting. Stainless Steel has a beautiful matt satin finish. Cast iron parts such as crankshafts, con-rods, cylinders & blocks come out looking like they were brand new.
- What machine do I use - CQ Vapour Blasting Queensland is the proud owner of Australia's first BARRACUDA 1250 from RS Treatments in the UK. The internal cabinet dimensions of our machine are 1250 x 1080 x 950.
- Can I Vapour Blast assembled engines - Yes, however there is a high possibility of media entering the engine due to its extremely fine particle size. It is the customers responsibility to completely seal the engine 100% to a level they are satisfied with. Now although i have not had any issues with blasting complete engines, the customer must be aware that there is still the possibility media could get in. CQ Vapour Blasting Queensland will take no responsibility for any engine damage that occurs due to media entry. It is recommended the engine be stripped for rebuild or inspection after blasting. Call Josh for a discussion.
- Can I strip heavy paint/powdercoat -YES.......But not with the Hydro-blaster as the media in the machine is a fine grade Spherical Glass Bead it will not take off thick paint or powder coat. Painted/Powder coated parts will have to go through our dry blast unit first.
- What blast media is used - CQ Vapour Blasting Queensland uses a high quality Spherical Glass Bead around 100 to 300 micron in size..
- Will My Parts Flash Rust - Ferrous parts will NOT flash rust. I use a solution called RapidHold that will prevent flash rusting of Ferrous parts for up to 72hrs if kept in dry conditions after blasting.
- Do parts need to be de-greased and cleaned before blasting - Yes, parts covered in thick grease, oil, paint & silicone need to cleaned as best as possible before blasting. Grease and oil will contaminate the media slurry and paint and silicone will just not come off. The cleaner the parts are to begin with the quicker they can be blasted. If i have to de-grease and pre-cleanparts a fee will be charged as it takes time.
Disclaimer: Whilst all customers blasted parts are flushed & rinsed with water then dried with compressed air, it remains the customer’s responsibility to check that the returned parts are suitably clean and decontaminated prior to use and/or re-assembly.